Loneliness Can Be Cause Obesity And Your Premature Death
- As humans we have evolved and survived because of our ability to connect with others.
- We grouped together into tribes to survive the elements.
- Social isolation from our tribe was an extreme form of punishment in human development.
In today’s modern world social isolation is causing obesity, many other health problems and early death.
- We are marrying later in life.
- More of us live alone than in prior generations.
- Divorce and smaller family sizes have reduced the number of people in our lives.
- We are isolated by the use of our electronic devices.
- A recent loneliness study estimated that up to 42.6 million people over age 45 are suffering from chronic loneliness.
Chronic loneliness is a worldwide problem causing premature death across the world.
- A recent research report involving over 300,000 people showed that those with greater social connection reduced early death by 50 percent.
- Another worldwide report studied the effects on mortality caused by social isolation and loneliness.
The effects of loneliness can exceed other health risk factors like obesity and drug abuse.
We Are Living Longer
- As we age we lose family members, life long friends and spouses. Our world starts to shrink causing isolation.
- The world is experiencing a “loneliness epidemic” and maybe the cause of the “Obesity epidemic” as well as the increase in suicide rates.
Our health starts to fade and we fall into depression further pushing us into chronic loneliness.
What Can You Do
- First you must acknowledge that chronic loneliness is a health problem you may already be experiencing.
- Accept the fact that you need human contact for your own health and wellbeing.
- Seek out a mental health specialist if you feel your are falling into chronic loneliness, there no shame in taking care of yourself and health.
- When you retire you lose a large social network of coworkers. Plan ahead for this as you planned ahead financially.
- Join a group of like minded people with optimistic views and activities.
- Take adult classes, volunteer at a non-profit or hospital.
- Avoid alcohol and drugs they are not the answer.
We recommend every highly taking dancing lessons. Take Swing, Salsa or Tango lessons to meet new people and expand your circle of friends. Dance classes are an inexpensive form of therapy. Dance classes are available wherever you live and will welcome you with open arms
Please subscribe and share this information: