Knee Pain, Ouch!! In Tango & Exercising
To Keep Knee from Hurting
To keep your knees healthy, follow these simple tips. Dos for Healthy Knees: Always see a doctor if you experience knee pain that is not relieved by several days of rest, ice, massage, and elevation. Back off from activities such as walking hills or knee-bending exercises that cause you pain.
Why Do Dancers Knee Hurt?
Patellar tendonitis arises when the tendon and the tissues that surround it, become inflamed and irritated. Usually caused by overuse, especially from jumping activities and is often called “Dander Knee” or “jumper’s knee.” Patellar tendonitis usually causes pain directly over the base of the kneecap.
How to relieve knee pain
Do use “RICE.” Rest, ice, compression, and elevation (RICE) is good for knee pain caused by a minor injury or an arthritis flare. Give your knee some rest, apply ice to reduce swelling, wear a compressive bandage, and keep your knee elevated.
What Over The Counter Medicine Will Help Relieve Knee Pain?
The main over-the-counter drugs are acetaminophen (Tylenol and other brands) and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (or NSAIDs), including aspirin (such as Bayer), ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), and naproxen (Aleve). These can help with simple sprains or even arthritis
It’s always a good idea to take two of pills before going to a dance or a long walk.
How To Avoid Common Injuries From Dancing:
- Learn proper form and technique, which varies depending on the type of dance you choose. …
- Wear proper dancing shoes distribute the load, absorb impact and support your feet.
- Men can wear a knee brace and the lady’s can wear Sheer Support Knee High Pantyhose
- Stretch before dancing. …
- Avoid bending your knees for extended amounts of time.
- Drink plenty of water before, during and after dancing, exercising or walking.
- Wear layers of clothing that you can take off as your body warms up
Please subscribe and share this information!